Preparation- Lemon WaterThe method of preparation is really simple, easy. And it takes no more than 5 minutes. Simply squeeze half a lemon in a cup of lukewarm water. Note that you should use a whole lemon, if you weigh more than 150 pounds.
Use lukewarm (or room temperature) water, instead of cold or hot, in order to slowly wake up your body and encourage digestion. Hot and cold water need more energy to process.
If you like the taste of lemon juice, and the feeling after you drink it, you can consume it throughout the whole day as well, in cold, hot or again, lukewarm water.
This routine of consuming lemon water on an empty stomach every day can completely change your life. Here are 15 reasons why you should not hesitate and try it:
1.Avoid CaffeineMany of us are addicted to the morning cup of coffee. Namely, lemon water will help you avoid it, as it similarly boosts the energy levels and helps your body to wake up.
2. Boosts Energy levelsAfter you drink it in the morning, this lemon drink will boost your energy levels and will improve your mood.
3. Improves DigestionLemon juice has a similar structure as your stomach’s juices. Also, it loosens and detoxifies the digestive tract. Lemon juice will help the bowel movement in the morning, it triggers bile production, hydrates your colon, and infuses water in your stool. Furthermore, this juice can help indigestion, heartburn, and bloating.
4. Antibacterial and Antiviral EffectThe strong antibacterial and antiviral qualities of lemon will help you prevent and fight the flu, cold, and soothe a sore throat. To tell the truth, if you drink lemon water every morning, you are less likely to get these in the first place.
5. DetoxificationLemons are excellent in detoxifying your entire body. They eliminate toxins, and thus help in the prevention of toxic deposits and the damage to your cells, tissues, and organs.
Also, lemons loosen and eliminate waste from your digestive tract and cleanse your colon. They trigger the work of the liver and the production of enzymes.
Lemons act as a diuretic as well, so they discard toxins from the urinary tract and change the pH levels which discourage bacterial growth. Hence, lemon water can also be extremely effective in the case of UTI (urinary tract infection).
6. Reduces InflammationInflammations are almost always a result of deposits of uric acid, and lemons remove this acid from the joints.
7. Makes Your Skin Healthy And RejuvenatedVitamin C which can be found in lemons in high amounts can aid to maintain your skin’s elasticity, in order to prevent the formation of wrinkles and reduce blemishes. Also, lemons are rich in antioxidants which inhibit free radical damage, which are the ones responsible for the premature aging of your skin.
8. Boosts Immune SystemLemon juice is abundant in vitamin C, so it helps strengthen the immune system and fights cold and flu. Lemons also enhance the ability to absorb more iron from the food. Apart from vitamin C which is vital for a strong immune system, iron is also extremely important.
9. Alkalizes Your BodyThe acidic state of the body can cause inflammation, obesity, and major diseases like cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s. In contrary, even though it is sour in taste, the lemon is one of the most alkalizing food sources on Earth.
10. Stimulates Weight Loss
Lemon water is really useful in the process of melting fat and weight loss. Lemons will boost your metabolism, assist in fighting hunger cravings and will keep you feel full for longer, so you will no longer need to snack between meals.