The thyroid gland is very significant for the well-being of the whole body. It is located at the base of the neck and secrets hormones which are needed for each tissue in the body in order to function properly. These are the functions it performs in the body:
● Stimulates the brain;
● Affects triglyceride and cholesterol levels;
● Stimulates the movement of the bowels;
● Regulates the function of calcium along with the parathyroid gland;
● Helps in fat burning;
● Communicates with all the other endocrine glands;
● Controls the internal thermostat.
These symptoms will show you that the thyroid gland does not function properly. do not ignore them:
● Feeling sad or depressed;
● Too much sleeping;
● Dry skin and hair loss;
● Sudden weight gain;
● No sexual interest;
● Muscular pain or tightening;
● Fluttering heart;
● Fuzzy head;
● High blood pressure;
● Changes in tastebuds or increased appetite;
● Throat or neck discomfort.
If in case you notice many of these symptoms to appear constantly then pay a visit to your doctor.