The liver is a vital organ that helps the work of digestion, removes toxins from the body and absorbs nutrients that are necessary for survival.
Some people are born with a troubled liver, while others damaged it by exposure to harmful chemicals, excessive amounts of alcohol, overeating, and changes may even occur because of actions of viruses.
Because of the importance of liver function to the body, specifically for life in general, it is very important to recognize the signs that warn of a diseased liver, and ask for help from a doctor!
Other 9 Telling Symptoms of Liver Damage
1. Varicose veins or hemorrhoidsBoth varicose veins and hemorrhoids are brought about by a failing circulatory system. The vein walls are not as strong as before, so blood expands and flows slowly through varicose and hemorrhoid areas. Your liver filters the blood, but a failing organ will encourage poor circulation and increased quantities of visible veins along the skin.
2. Stomach pain after a fatty mealDigestion of food is one of the functions of the liver. If you eat a particularly fatty meal, those lipids cannot be digested well by the liver. You see this issue as a stomach ache directly after the meal. Fight this problem by eating healthy foods and pointing out the issue to your doctor as quickly as possible.
3. Pain above the eyesYou might experience pain behind your eyes in the form of an acute headache that has been associated with liver issues because of an imbalance within the body. Both food and blood is not being properly digested or filtered so your body reacts with inflammation behind the eyes.
4. Chronic fatigueCritical oxygen is transported throughout the body by your blood, but it cannot perform this task if the liver is not filtering it appropriately. As a result, you will notice fatigue at almost any time of day. Talk about the issues with your doctor to make an accurate diagnosis.
5 .Pain under the shoulder bladesYour liver resides just below your shoulder blades along your backside. If you feel pain across your back, then the liver is having issues with bile secretion. This symptom is one of the most obvious ones that should prompt you to seek a professional’s opinion.
6. Constant nauseaYour liver is directly related to your digestive system. It is natural to feel nauseated when it is not properly working. Write down, which foods you have eaten and your reaction to them. You might discover that some foods create more nausea than others.
7. Bright or pale stoolBowel movements are excellent indicators of digestive health. Ideally, you have to look at your stool every time you have a release. When you have liver problems, very little bile releases from this organ and results with abnormal colors across your stool.
8. Bitter mouth taste after mealsThe liver uses the bile to break down food into digestible pieces. If your liver is failing, you might notice a bitter taste in your mouth. This taste is the bile releasing in unusual quantities. Your doctor should evaluate you as soon as possible.
9. Bile AttackJust because your liver is secreting bile in abnormal quantities, you may feel a rush of bile that moves through your gallbladder. In fact, the gallbladder may feel tender or painful for a few minutes. A bile attack is a good symptom that the liver is not working well. Visit your doctor as soon as you can.
By leading a healthy lifestyle you will ward off any liver problems. You should exercise regularly and eat a wide variety of healthy foods. You can indulge in some treats every once in a while, but your overall diet should be full of fruits and vegetables. With healthy fuel, your liver can optimize nutrients and stay viable for much of your lifetime.