Breakfast can also take credit for maintaining a healthy body weight and preventing mid-morning decline in energy levels.
According to nutritionists, one of the healthiest breakfast menus includes chia seeds and oats. Both of these ingredients are highly nutritious and provide sufficient energy for the day ahead. They are also beneficial for promoting weight loss, especially for burning fat deposits in the abdominal area.
Health benefits of oats and chia seeds
Abundant in beta-glucan soluble fiber, oats can improve your health in several ways. If consumed regularly, this food keeps blood sugar levels under control, lowers LDL cholesterol and improves cardiovascular health. Oats also pack a high content of protein, fiber and minerals.
Rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, chia seeds are higher in calcium than milk and dairy products. It greatly supports cardiovascular health, reduces cholesterol and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Chia seeds are particularly beneficial for people suffering from arthritis due to their regenerative properties.
Recipe: Breakfast with oats and chia seeds
This amazing breakfast recipe will improve your overall health.
● 1 cup of oats
● 500ml water
● 2 tsps. vanilla
● 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
● 2 tbsps. honey
● a pinch sea salt
● 4 tbsps. chia seeds
1. Warm the water, cinnamon and vanilla in a pot until it boils then reduce heat and add the oats.
2. Let it simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
3. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add honey and salt and stir well. Pour it into a bowl and add chia seeds while hot.
5. To improve the taste, add some fruit of your choice (a banana, an apple, strawberries…).